Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy this one had me sweating. My company is laying off 600 people total and 182 at my plant. Sad day for many families here. They just got done letting those who are being layed off and they didn't talk to me :)

Maybe I should start boat shopping to celibrate:D :D

Whew....

·
Registered
144 Posts
We went thru a "Black Tuesday" about a month ago. Some good people were let go. Now we're getting busy again and looking to hire some people.....go figure:confused:

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Thirsty...

I don't presume to understand the way your place works, but I had to lay off a few developers last fall and the folks I kept were the folks that worked the hardest.

Tough times don't last, but tough people do.

:) - jeff

·
Super Goon At Large
6,103 Posts
Wow Red, Glad you made the cut. I work for a company known for doing the same thing (Boeing) assigned to Nasa as a consultant, we are the first to get the axe everytime. Glad I am almost thru with this job:D

·
Registered
70,399 Posts
RedStripe, glad to hear a happy ending. I got let go last year(right in the middle of boating season) damn that stang. It took 3 months to find a job. After finding a new job I was there 3 days ,went home sick,and ended up in the hospital for a week. After getting out of the hospital,found out I had to go back in to get a operation. Was told I would be off another 10 weeks. Got the operation and returned to work in 3 weeks. Hope this year is better now with this damn economy.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, they did thin out some of the bad workers. The company said they had some equation based on length of service, attendance and review scores but from what I have seen, they just picked the people they wanted to. Oh well. Glad I dont make any waves around here :D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts