Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought I would bring it to the attention of you guys that there is a new site being constructed dedicated to the Sea Ray Pachanga.

http://www.searaypachanga.com

For now its some info on the owners original 1970 Pachanga, a few brochures, a small section on the P22, and a newly added forum.

Feel free to stop by and sign up for the forums, the site will most likely be adding a lot of content soon and could use a good member base. Being a fan of the 80's Pachanga and very interested in the yet to be anounced return of the the P22, its good to see this boat finally has a dedicated web site.

:rambo:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RSCHAP1 said:
:)New Pachanga from the Baja molds huh? That should get some conversations started here... :)
Yea, this was the plan even when Baja was owned by Brunswick. Some of the ex Baja guys over on offshoreonly.com have added some more info, but basically the new Pachanga and Hammer X were to use the same mold and both be built in Bucyrus.

Of course Baja got sold, so another mold was made of the Hammer X, and the deck plug which had yet to be finished for the Pachanga ad the extra hull mold were sent down to a Sea Ray facility in Florida.

Im going to post up all the "known" info in the forums on searaypachanga.com in a bit...

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
:a10:
Yay finally a place I can ramble on and on about how much I love my boat and people will care!! :laugher:
can't wait to see the new one.

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Thanks for sharing.
Updated, a lil different than the old, but you can sure see the similarity too. Wonder what sizes will follow?
Surprised at the timing. I can see deck boats and open bows getting released, but wonder how sales will be currently... :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RSCHAP1 said:
Thanks for sharing.
Updated, a lil different than the old, but you can sure see the similarity too. Wonder what sizes will follow?
Surprised at the timing. I can see deck boats and open bows getting released, but wonder how sales will be currently... :(
Dont expect other sizes, supposedly this will be the only size, and may only be available in limited qunatities for a year or so.

It was more of a special product for the 50th Anniversary of Sea Ray, I agree with that size boat deck boats and open bow designs sell better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
just curious, i have an 89searay 260cc w/454 do you know if the hull is the same as the pachanga? they look alot alike

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rusty said:
just curious, i have an 89searay 260cc w/454 do you know if the hull is the same as the pachanga? they look alot alike
We had this debate on the site over there, well actually I debated with myself. It seems the hulls are very similiar, but indeed different. The P27 has notches or chines that continue all the way to the transom, the 260cc have a flat v on the transom. I will look for pictures and post those up in the next few hours.

RSCHAP1 said:
Saw the NEW one was OVER 6 figures....22', 100k, WOW$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Yea, kind of sad for a glorified Baja HammerX. The price ruined it for me, I will be looking elsewhere for a new boat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts