Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks man! Haven't posted any pics lately, had quite a few on my camera and the house got broken into yesterday, one of the few things they could grab before the alarm kicked :(

Projected "wet" date is labor day weekend

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Lots of hard work and still a bit to do, but she's at the marina now high and dry.

Did a little sea trial shakedown this past Saturday and she floats!!! I'm having some noise from my U-joints on loaded steering and my new power steering rack is leaking pretty badly, other than that, running like a champ, felt good to have her back out! Going to pull the drive and steering ram tomorrow evening and service this weekend, hoping to get back out Sunday.

Some pics of progress and "almost" complete from my el-cheapo camera...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Boat looks great! You use the ramp on the New River next to the bridge, or? Keep up the good work.
Thanks! I kept the boat at Riverfront Marina next to Pirate Republic, but we're moving this weekend, heading up to Jacksonville.

The boat just got some pretty major service, another gimbal bearing and HD u-joints. I toasted the bearing on the first run out, apparently the motor was sitting too low on the aft end, had to shim it, weird, as if it had settled on the first run putting pressure on the bearing. Also tore out the hyd steering system and resolved some issues, all fixed and back in, hoping it will be warm enough in Jax to get on the water in the next couple weeks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah I got out on wednesday and it was quite a beautiful day, went through 35 gallons in 3 hours. :D

Going to start on taking the motor out this weekend for a cam change and a rear main seal leak. Going to also start taking apart the windshield to get it powder coated either a gun metal, silver, or just white... not sure which yet. What would you guys go for?

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thats what I was leaning towards... thanks!

I took it off last night... and to be honest I would love to take her out on the lake without it on...:eek: Buddy of mine mentioned putting a custom plastic windshield thats alot lower in height thats a solid white and curved... lose the square edges.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thats what I was leaning towards... thanks!

I took it off last night... and to be honest I would love to take her out on the lake without it on...:eek: Buddy of mine mentioned putting a custom plastic windshield thats alot lower in height thats a solid white and curved... lose the square edges.
A custom screen would be badass, even a retro with an upper frame like this...

·
Registered
180 Posts
That would be really nice but I have the open bow... and Im sure a completely new windshield would cost major $$$. I figure it will cost about 150 for have my windshield re-done.

I was kinda thinking something like this... either tinted or solid white. Feel like it would make it look more sporty and not too much a family boat look... not that i dont like that fact... shes a true sleeper boat. :gunner:plus... it does say powerplay on the side :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
That would be really nice but I have the open bow... and Im sure a completely new windshield would cost major $$$. I figure it will cost about 150 for have my windshield re-done.

I was kinda thinking something like this... either tinted or solid white. Feel like it would make it look more sporty and not too much a family boat look... not that i dont like that fact... shes a true sleeper boat. :gunner:plus... it does say powerplay on the side :cool:
Completely forgot you're rocking a bowrider, those little screens look pretty good

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.