Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's a few of us around here. Let's start a thread on Jet Boat mods. For those who aren't familiar with these things, they have twin 135 hp waverunner engines that push it up to about 60mph extremely quickly. With some extra cahones the driver can actually perform a 180 degree spin just like a waverunner. You can also launch it into the air, come down on the bow and completely submerge the boat (submarine). Both maneuvers I am yet to try.
I've got a 2003 Yamaha LS2000. Engines are bone stock, but I've added a bimini top, Kenwood CD player and speakers up under the dashboards.

Lets see some pics of everyone else's jets!

Here's the first day I had the boat.

Attachments

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a shot of the jet nozzles and boarding ladder. The engines are always in gear, so when you put it in forward, the clamshells over the thrusters lift up. This shot is in neutral, so the water is being directed forward and aft, essentially keeping the boat in place.

Attachments

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice contoured seats to hold you in place so you don't fly all over the place. Here's my better side. I'm reaching over the back cleaning out the water intakes after sucking up a bunch of seaweed. No water in the intake means no go!

Attachments

· Registered
8,257 Posts
Hey Dan,

Not a Yamaha, but here is a picture of(not the actual boat, I pirated this off the web, but same boat)my first boat, 1994 14' Regal Rush Jet. This thing was a blast, and only had a 90 horse, I can imagine how fun yours is.
If you want some help practicing the spins, I am in, its a blast, but make sure you do it on calm water, I tried in in conjunction with flyin once, the boat hooked, and lets just say, I was glad nobody else was on the boat, and the lake was empty.

Attachments

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know alot of you guys are ocean runners and this boat definitely isn't one of those, but for you lake runners and intracoastal boaters this boat is awesome! It'll pull double skiers up without any hesitation and put a helluva grin on just about anyones face for a relatively inexpensive price. Mine was about $17,000 brand new. :jeff:

· Registered
8,257 Posts
Some of us have learned.............

When you wnat to just cruise, bring the wives,

When you want to have FUN, drop the women, and a few Beach chairs off at Peanut Island. Right Tim????

Just kidding, Tim's girl is real good about it, She will run right along with us, and just gives out the occasional Jab, although in Key West, I jumped in the front Bolster without a second thought, but after getting a little air, I realized I should have given it up to her.

Mine is NOT!!!!

She tends to ride on the floor more than in the back seat!!!!

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My wife is great about the speed. She loves how quick it is, but when we start getting air...... "SLOW DOWN!!!!" This boat get airborne alot too.

My mother in law rides on the floor too when it gets a little crazy. That's funny. I figure its gotta be really uncomfortable, but whatever pleases them, right!

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice pics mosi! :jeff: That's the submarine move I was mentioning. I'm afraid of taking on too much water doing that, plus I don't want to do it in the salt water either. The 180 looks awesome! I definitely want to try that! Probably make everyone on the boat sick.

· Banned
3,679 Posts
Word to the wise...

... he has been playing with Jets and all different hulls with Jets forever. He has the experience to pull some of these stunts only because he has been playing, practicing and has been DRUNK ;) for years and years. Careful---It's easy to hurt yourself or someone else.

I'm sure you realize the above so I will get off the soapbox.

They can be fun!!!! :)

· Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mosi said:
Word to the wise...

... he has been playing with Jets and all different hulls with Jets forever. He has the experience to pull some of these stunts only because he has been playing, practicing and has been DRUNK ;) for years and years. Careful---It's easy to hurt yourself or someone else.

I'm sure you realize the above so I will get off the soapbox.

They can be fun!!!! :)
Thanks for the warning, mosi. These things can definitely make a painful ride, but are so much fun! Beer does usually help aid the crazy. I guess that's why I haven't tried any of these stunts yet, cuz I try not to drink too much while I'm driving the boat. These are definitely smooth lake stunts with no other boats around.

On that note, we need more pics of jet boats doing insane stunts! :evil: :jeff: :evil: :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.