Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
3,726 Posts
FS-- I don't remember if that deckboat was manufactured or if he pieced it together. I'll get the info next time I see him. I know he planned on putting a different motor in this winter ---said he wanted 60+ mph next summer.

·
Banned
3,726 Posts
FS--- that's a hydrodyne deckboat---he put a 4.3 GM V6 jet drive in it. Upgrading to a small V8 this winter. Next summer I will have to get some pics of his other jet toys!!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's an awesome setup he has! The motor upgrade is gonna make that thing scary fast! Can't wait to see that thing in action with the V8.

I've never heard of hydrodyne. I'm gonna have to check that one out. Awesome pics! :jeff:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Never saw a hydrodyne jet before. I knew Advantage built some fast deck boats though, I had one pass me on a lake in Arizona doing at least 70 :eek:

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
avho said:
My Boat Has A Black Eye!

New guages are warrantied but on backorder. :mad:
HMMMMMM, backorder, sounds like they have had problems with them, if they are not in stock!!!

How did the painting go?? make the wife happy, so you can go boating??

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hey Rick,

The painting is DONE! :D

I'm finally allowed back out on the boat. :laugher:

The Yamaha guy said that just about every Yamaha on the water has this problem since 2000, but they don't seem to want to redesign.

Go figure. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that link to the guages. I'm still deciding whether I want to buy new ones or not.

Other than a quick spark plug change over the weekend, the boat ran great! Lots of eye candy out at Peanut! :cool: I have major raccoon eyes!

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
avho said:
Hey Rick,

The painting is DONE! :D

I'm finally allowed back out on the boat. :laugher:

The Yamaha guy said that just about every Yamaha on the water has this problem since 2000, but they don't seem to want to redesign.

Go figure. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that link to the guages. I'm still deciding whether I want to buy new ones or not.

Other than a quick spark plug change over the weekend, the boat ran great! Lots of eye candy out at Peanut! :cool: I have major raccoon eyes!
How did you get that painting done so Quick????

Dont rub in the fact that you are on the water, you are tempting me to buy a jetboat, just so my payments are less $$ than I am sinking into the old Wellcraft each month, and be on the water every weekend!!!! They really are the best deal on the water, problem is, I have this offshore bug(Thanks Tim), and I dont think I will be happy makin payments on something, unless I can run with the Big boys, as Scotty said in another thread, the 24 will run with them, but on the other hand, the woman wont go out in the Ocean after our last trip(long story), so who knows????

My parts came in yesterday(figures, after the weekend), so the next few weekends will be spent bolting it together, and cleaning it up from its long rest(since Thanksgiving, almost as if I am up North), by then my buddy Jay13 will be all moved down, and we should plan something at Peanut.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
RCHEVELLE71 said:
How did you get that painting done so Quick????

Dont rub in the fact that you are on the water, you are tempting me to buy a jetboat, just so my payments are less $$ than I am sinking into the old Wellcraft each month, and be on the water every weekend!!!! They really are the best deal on the water, problem is, I have this offshore bug(Thanks Tim), and I dont think I will be happy makin payments on something, unless I can run with the Big boys, as Scotty said in another thread, the 24 will run with them, but on the other hand, the woman wont go out in the Ocean after our last trip(long story), so who knows????

My parts came in yesterday(figures, after the weekend), so the next few weekends will be spent bolting it together, and cleaning it up from its long rest(since Thanksgiving, almost as if I am up North), by then my buddy Jay13 will be all moved down, and we should plan something at Peanut.
I know what you mean about the offshore bug! I hate not being able to run hard out there. My next boat will definitely have that capability. Slow cruisin is all I can do out in the ocean. And the inlet can be a bit of a challenge in a little boat like mine!

Can't complain about the $$ though. :D

Let me know about a peanut trip. I'll probably be out there for as many weekends as I can afford to keep putting gas in! Good Luck with the boat work.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Took a trip to the lake this past weekend. The boat ran great, minus the starboard tach. Here's a few pics.

Just chillin in the sun!

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Aqua-Holic said:
Can you ski in FL w/ just 2 people? We are required to have a third to "watch".
Hmmm, I've never been stopped! :D Don't really know for sure. I do it all the time. :cool:

Beer in one hand, throttle in the other, steering with the knees. :D :p:

Of course, when we do have a "watch", they are usually just distracting the driver even more because they are mooning or flashing the person behind the boat. :moon:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts