Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations of cleaners or products to use that removes hull yellowing. It's only from the water line down. I tried On/Off, wasn't really impressed at the results.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
you need to leave it sit on there for a couple minutes before hosing it off. make sure you cover the wheel wells of the trailer....that chit will eat through galvinizing.

·
You BLOT that schit!
2,692 Posts
On & off is some pretty wicked stuff, it has removed some ORANGE stains I got back in the spring. If you don't buff/wax afterwards you can expect the same stains to come back in short order.
I've read about some other people using toilet bowl cleaner concoctions with good results (and, cheaper)

·
Senile Member
7,270 Posts
PJDiesel said:
I've read about some other people using toilet bowl cleaner concoctions with good results (and, cheaper)
Sno Bowl on a sponge works wonders and only runs about a buck a bottle. Wear rubber gloves as that stuff will eat your skin off right down to the bones.

·
Registered
295 Posts
When I am washing the Donzi after it has been in a Marina at a run ...it will occassionally get some stains..while I am washing it...I use the Purple Meguires - Hot Wheels -- All Wheel Cleaner !

I let it sit for about 30 to 45 seconds and go over it with a Soapy Brush and it comes out great...I have not noticed any damage to the finish ...although like any harsh cleaner it can't be great.... but it beats compounding the living Schtick Outta stained areas.... and of course you can use it on your wheels.

Wet the Trailer down first ...but I have not noticed any color variations on my painted Trailer... do one area at a time... Trust Me .... its gonna make your detail work quicker. I apply Waxes and Polishes accordingly to help to prevent the soiling to begin with...but What the Hey? It works really well. My Hull is 15 years old and other than real life battle scars - it shows pretty well.

Good Luck :D

Doc of the Bay :cool:

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
buy som Zing hull Cleaner
put a spray head on the bottle and spray it on the dry hull

wait 3 minutes and rinse it off Yellow will be gone!

By the way the sprayer will be toast in about ten munites this stuff eats the crap out of everything dont breath it while you spray it will choke you

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
flat out slimy grimy :winker:

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
LIMNATR said:
Have had great results with Sno Bowl, Zing, or muriatic acid, but I would wear gloves, and a mask, as they are all nasty to deal with.
I have used muratic acid for years it flat out sucks to work with and isnt safe, like said above gloves mask the whole nine even pants and long sleeves and little open cut or wound you might not no of until that stuff is in the air, i have found that slimygrimy works just as well without all the above measures

·
Registered
713 Posts
The Works is great I`ve used it for years srub on let sit rise off white as new. like sais before buff/wax after or stains will return quickly

PS The Works is sold everywhere for .89

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
SweetEmotion said:
The Works is great I`ve used it for years srub on let sit rise off white as new. like sais before buff/wax after or stains will return quickly

PS The Works is sold everywhere for .89
what is it something at the grocery store??

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
I'm gonna give it a whirl

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Had some On&Off left over in a bottle so I decided to give it another go, this time out of the water. Got one side done and ran out, worked fine, my marina's ship store only had On&Off Gel, garbage. Took me twice at long to finish the other side. You really had to scrub it using the gel, I think my back is permanently twisted now.

·
Registered
228 Posts
89donzi said:
what is it something at the grocery store??
Be sure you get the liquid Works toilet bowl cleaner and not the gel. The gel doesn't work as well. I use a pump up chemical lawn and garden type sprayer. You can spray a nice fan and the wand keeps you further away from the fumes. Let is set a few minutes and wash it off. Works great. Be sure to rinse any metal on your trailer or boat well or it will rust.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I just compounded the whole hull with a high speed buffer, then waxed it, and it's pretty easy to keep clean after that. I know it takes a while for the first stage but it really reduces the labour later. my .02c.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts