Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when you call summit to buy some new distributor caps and they tell you "Holley stopped making that distributor and the caps are no longer available - then you call Holley and they tell you the same thing.

I'll take a picture and post it because I'm sure Holley just eom'd them from someone else and that someone else is still making them.

:( :( :(

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
Speedwake said:
when you call summit to buy some new distributor caps and they tell you "Holley stopped making that distributor and the caps are no longer available - then you call Holley and they tell you the same thing.

Probably got one of these on their door. :laugher:

Attachments

·
Innocent Bystander
1,498 Posts
"We don't make that part anymore, but we've got this sweet new one you can buy!"
Sounds like a bullet proof business plan to me. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,826 Posts
That sux. But you're right , I'm sure they came from somebody else. It's just finding out where :( .

Well , where's the pics?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
To be honest, I never even heard of a Holley distributor.. :confused:

Why didn't you go with an Mallory, Accel or MSD if you wanted after-market..??

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
MR Speedwake has KE motors. I believe they also have Holley TBI's on them too.

Holley had the Annihilator Ignition systems out for a while. Not sure if they still do. Sounds like they don't.
Included CD boxes, coils, rev limiters, hand held ignition control modules, billet distributors,wires, dist caps + rotors (for Merc and OMC motors too), rotors, and even batteries.

I would check with Accell first. Some things have striking functional resemblence.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Fyhr Factor said:
To be honest, I never even heard of a Holley distributor.. :confused:

Why didn't you go with an Mallory, Accel or MSD if you wanted after-market..??
OK, I now see they did, and looks like it was part of their FI management system, Jeff, I'd be willing to bet you can take your old caps and match them up with something more common..I can't see why they would make a special cap.. but what do I know, I didn't even know they had distributors, but did they really make them or did they just put a Holley tag on someone else's distributor made for them with some minor changes??

·
Registered
533 Posts
Jeff,
If you can not find them locally you may try Jegs.com. They carry tons of Holley parts and I would bet they have the caps on the shelf. Thats where I always bought mine. They are in Ohio and I always got my stuff next day(Fedex).

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
Holley get bought up as part of a conglomeration since then? Now Mr Gasket, B&M, Holley, MSD, Accel,.....type of situation? Maybe same part is now made with a different brand or moniker...Seems like that has happened to alot of "brands" recently. Just have to find the parts guy that know a little history maybe...?

·
Registered
184 Posts
If its the same cap in the holley link it's a basic delco cap in red instead of black. Any auto store or Mercury dealer should have them (808483K2) w/ rotor.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts