Powerboat Forums at SpeedWake banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find this a tad strange but the government is spending a portion of the stimulus money to track your trash!

That’s right. Government snooping on your trash apparently meets the definition of “economic stimulus” in 2010. Perhaps this is what Barack Obama meant when he talked about creating “green jobs”. Local governments are going to need a lot of “trash snoopers” to make certain that we are all recycling acceptably.

In fact, John McCain almost flipped his lid when he found out that Dayton, Ohio was given a half million dollars in “stimulus funds” to put RFID tracking chips in recycle bins. Not that McCain is a friend of liberty and freedom either. The truth is that the vast majority of the politicians in Washington D.C. have been helping to advance the “sustainable development” agenda in one way or another.

But can you imagine spending “economic stimulus” money to spy on the trash of the American people?

No wonder all of the “stimulus packages” didn’t do that much good for the economy. In fact, the amount of waste in the stimulus packages was absolutely mind blowing.

The whole story can be read here:

http://www.dailymarkets.com/economy...mic-stimulus-money-to-spy-on-americans-trash/

·
Registered
8,878 Posts
I can't believe the BS that "we" now throw $$ at. Even the road projects I have seen all seem to be re-paving the best sections of each area I travel. When I questioned our state's DOT about an on ramp that was better BEFORE it was re-done with stimulus $. They pretty much replied that they had to spend the $$ on "something". Seems like that is explanation for majority of the spending. It's federal money, each state, or community, just hates to pass it up if they have a chance it. Whether they need it or not. Whether it was worthwhile or not:( Our township's sewer system needs work, we were told our average property values were to high to qualify for stimulus help. NICE!

·
I've Survived Everything!
12,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE!!

Here's the current top 10 stimulus waste projects!

#1. $554,763 to replace windows at the Coldwater Ridge Visitor Center at Mount St. Helens that was closed in 2007

#2. $760,000 to Georgia Tech to study improvised music

#3. $762,372 for interactive dance software development called "Dance Draw"

#4. $62 million for continued construction of the North Shore Connector in Pittsburgh, aka “tunnel to nowhere” – even Gov Rendell opposes it

#5. $1.2 million to convert an abandoned train station that was closed in 1971 into a museum

#6. $1.9 million to collect, photograph and study different species of ants in east Africa and the Southwest Indian Ocean islands

#7. $59,845 for a comparative study of the rise of colonial lawsuits in the Spanish Empire

#8. $529,648 to study the effect of local populations on the environment in the Himalayas

#9. $357,710 to repair stonework on a 140-year-old abandoned iron furnace in Kentucky

#10. $89,298 for a town in OK to replace a new sidewalk with a newer sidewalk that leads to a ditch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts